- Develop new business, predominately focused on Colorado
- Network constantly
- Identify new accounts and find ways to penetrate them
- Farm existing accounts for additional business (especially accounts that are being project managed, see below)
- Support Marketing to improve ways to get the word out about Zebulon Solutions
- Manage customer product development projects
- Generate and manage timelines
- Chair weekly meetings to review progress
- Drive the projects to goals and ultimately to completion
- Projects may include internal resources, customer personnel, and 3rd parties such as contract manufacturers and other design houses
The ideal applicant will shall have at least 6 to 10 total years of professional experience, a technical or business degree, and meet both sets of requirements below.
- A huge network of product businesses / business people in Colorado, social or otherwise. This is the number one requirement.
- A knack for getting through doors, finding the right introduction, and not taking no for an answer. This is not just an order-taking job.
- At least one year of true technical sales experience selling to product companies. More experience is highly desired, as is experience selling technical services.
- At least 3 years experience managing complex, multifaceted projects to completion
- Expert level familiarity with using Excel and Microsoft Project
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus points awarded for additional experience in either, an engineering degree and /or related engineering experience, manufacturing experience, experience selling design or contract manufacturing services, and a really really really big network.
And needless to say, the ability to switch gears and multitask is table stakes.
This is a full time position. Compensation will include a base salary and benefits, but billable bonuses on the project management side and commission on the business development side will account for significant percentages of the total package. Will also be eligible for quarterly and annual bonuses based on company performance.
Zebulon Solutions is a product design and industrialization services company. Meaning we help our customers design their products and get said products into manufacturing—the tough part. Our projects are stupidly diverse: right now we’re working on a 10 kW-hr flow battery, a solar LED lantern, several Internet of Things products, and a couple of medical devices. Among other projects. Our customers are similarly diverse, billion dollar conglomerates and start-ups, local but also global—one of our best customers is located in Brisbane, Australia. We’ve been in business for over five years, we’re profitable, and we’re growing like crazy.
How do I apply for this position?